$5000 Hiring Bonus!!
Under general direction, the position manages all technical and administrative aspects for HVAC. Responsible for overseeing and directing the daily activities of HVAC involving the construction, installation, renovation, maintenance and repair of District buildings, structures, systems and properties. The position coordinates and manages small projects for HVAC.
- Supervises, interviews, recommends candidates for hire, trains, evaluates performance and handles disciplinary issues of employees engaged in the assigned building trade
- Approves all work requiring permits for the purpose of ensuring compliance with applicable legal codes (e.g. building, health, safety)
- Plans, assigns, schedules, inspects and certifies completion of work performed by District and contract personnel
- Inspects completed job assignments for adherence to trade standards and contract specifications
- Reviews work orders and makes recommendations regarding work that falls outside the scope of the shop and suggests alternatives for timely and appropriate completion
- Performs estimates of time, labor and materials to be used on shop projects
- Works with the contracts office to formulate contracts and ensure compliance with District contracting procedures; develops project specific scope of work, request RFP, complete work completion form
- Ensures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are maintained for area(s); initiates and/or approves purchase orders ensuring compliance with purchasing guidelines; recommends vendors; oversees the ordering process
- Prepares a variety of special and recurring reports and analyses reflecting daily operations and project status
- At least 7 years of experience in HVAC, with at least 2 of the years being supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- North Carolina HVAC Licenses (H1-1, H2, and H3-1)
- Valid driver's license