Latinx Service Manager
Latinx Services Manager
The position of Latinx Services Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Latinx initiatives in performing various duties and special projects related to Common Wealth Charlotte’s pioneering services in trauma informed financial literacy and capability services.
Our clients are members of the Latinx community who are low to mid wage earners ($20K-$30K), we aim to empower, educate, and connect our community with financial services that help them reach their financial goals, obtain upward financial mobility, and break the cycle of generational poverty. This includes but is not limited to community financial literacy in workshops, seminars and events, individual client centered; trauma informed financial counseling sessions, community and client outreach/engagement and follow up, and strategic planning and program projection. All our services are provided in support of and led by the client, in a judgement free zone, helping dispel misinformation and enhancing the natural and innate capabilities of our clients.
The position requires knowledge and skill in client-centered financial case management, community and partnership building and ample knowledge of the Charlotte community.
Latinx Service Manager is responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Work in partnership with Director of Latinx Initiative on day to day and strategic planning.
- Work directly with clients to provide judgement free, trauma informed and high-quality individual financial counseling sessions.
- Helps gather information and documents to pre-screen clients for CWC’s financial products, when appropriate.
- Actively engages in communication with clients, partners, and team members via phone, email, in person or zoom meetings.
- Provide ongoing support to continue to engage current and future clients. Take initiative in marketing and outreach campaigns, as needed.
- Document services, engagement, and outreach efforts via Salesforce platform.
- Aim to help support and achieve program, client, and service goals.
- Participate in regular Team meetings.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; acts as a backup for workshops and community events, when needed.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports Common Wealth mission, goals, and values; represents and upholds these values in community during events and community engagement.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a college or technical school; or three years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work-related experience should consist of a prior knowledge or experience in personal finance. Educational experience, social service, case management, community organizing or related field.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must.
- Excellent communication skills, facilitating skills, and experience coaching adults.
Position reports to the Director of Latinx Services.
- Employer Health Reimbursement Stipend
- IRA with company match of 3%
- Employer-Paid Life insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time off package includes:
- 15 paid vacation
- 5 paid personal days
- 10-15 paid holidays (reviewed annually)
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in the position, please include a cover letter and resume to Yrodriguez@commonwealthcharlotte.org. Include “Latinx Service Manager” in the Subject line.