YMCA employees receive a FREE membership with access to all YMCAs across the United States. Additional program discounts up to 20% off for you and members in your household. YMCA also contributes 12% of annual salary to eligible staff members retirement account.
Under the direction of the Senior Marketing Director of Program Experience and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Marketing Director of Program Experience will be responsible for the marketing strategy and execution (sales, positioning, cross-promotion) of key association programs including day camp, resident camps, afterschool/preschool, youth and adult sports, dance/gymnastics and aquatics. The role will also support the development and implementation of a cohesive, high-quality marketing and communication plan that includes paid mass media, digital, web, social media, collateral and point-of-purchase (POP) merchandizing that supports both the branches and the Association.
1. Collaborate with the Y Association teams and branches to develop and implement integrated marketing and communication plans and campaigns that drive program growth, program retention and member participation.
2. Closely partner with the association marketing directors (member experience and impact and development) to strategically align messaging and communication and leverage cross-promotion opportunities.
3. Help inform and execute a strategic, measurable digital integration strategy that leverages and drives a high-quality member connection continuum specific to driving program revenue, retention and participation.
4. Lead and manage creation of high-quality, targeted materials and messaging and ensure YUSA brand standards (voice, messaging) are met.
5. Project manage processes and timelines to ensure marketing work stays on track.
6. Develop and manage administrative budgets.
7. Develop, create and edit high-quality content in a timely way, within brand standards that is appropriate to specific marketing channels.
8. Work with Metro Marketing and Association PR resources to develop and submit strategic story and coverage opportunities to the local media.
9. Partner with membership and H&W directors to collect timely and accurate information in order to effectively market and sell.
10. Track and monitor marketing analytics and provide timely updates.
11. Partner with branch directors and the Association Office/Y Experience to help manage communication, input and insight to strengthen marketing and programming.
12. Attend and support branch and Association events, as appropriate and serve on appropriate committees and sub-committees as determined by supervisor.
13. Build relationships and confidence with branch teams through high-quality work and execution, on-site presence and scheduled meetings and updates.
14. Attend and contribute to key meetings in the branch, community and Association.
15. All other duties as determined.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Four-year college degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a four-year college degree in a related field with two years of work-related experience.
2. Minimum of five to seven years of experience in development of sales driven marketing, customer loyalty, and execution of tactical marketing plans.
3. Experience with editing, proofing and fact-checking (in compliance with brand standards).
4. Experience managing part-time staff on team projects and individual initiatives.
5. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage projects and priorities.
6. Ability to thrive and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
7. Proven track record in organization, efficient processes and project management.
8. Must be organized, efficient and posses excellent written and verbal skills.
9. Must be able to represent the YMCA in a professional manner.
10. Professional oral and written communication skills and proven presentation and public speaking skills.
11. Demonstrated success in budget development and management.
12. Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office and Photoshop and the ability to become proficient in Association-specific software.
1. Sit for extended periods of time
4. Push, pull and lift up to 30 lb
5. Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours
6. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
7. Ability to travel as needed
8. Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.