ACE Coordinator - Dole Ocean Cargo Express
Position title: ACE Coordinator
Division: Dole Ocean Cargo Express
Organizational unit: Operations Department
Reports to: Christian Coto, Operations & Compliance Manager
Work location: Charlotte, NC
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Responsible to monitor and schedule the ACE Transmission Program for Dole Ocean Cargo Express. To ensure the accurate and timely transmission of manifest information to US Customs in compliance with the 24-hour rule. To support overseas offices and agents in the timeliness and completion of their daily transmissions to all US, EU, and Latin government agencies. To support and assist with documentation related issues across all US, EU, and Latin offices.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS / DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
JOB COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements):
- Support the Operations & Compliance Manager with ocean carrier/marine terminal regulatory compliance issues.
- Update, distribute, and monitor the daily ACE Transmission Program schedule to all divisions - DOCE, DTP, and Standard Fruit.
- Coordinate and resolve all ACE Transmission discrepancies with agencies & offices.
- Approve, coordinate, and file all hazardous requests with each division.
- Notify, coordinate, and log to master ACE Transmission schedule all "Do Not Load" notifications with each division - DOCE, DTP, and Standard Fruit.
- Follow-up and confirm each “Do Not Load” notification is properly closed or released with US Customs.
- Maintain "New Customer Advice" log for DOCE’s C-TPAT records.
- Maintain "Breakbulk Exemption" log.
- Coordinate security training classes with SCS Campus.
- Maintain security training log ensuring all respective classes are successfully completed by divisions – DOCE, DTP, and Standard Fruit.
- Assist administrative cargo claim process: maintain preliminary file log, documentation retrieval and organization, and survey coordination (when applicable).
- Assist with general administrative work as needed.
· Detail oriented with strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to interface professionally with all levels of management and government officials.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Knowledge of IBM AS400 operating program (preferred)
· Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (required)
- 5+ years in International Documentation.
- Knowledge of FMC/Vessel Operating Common Carrier regulatory field.
- Background in Import/Export documentation and traffic management.
- Extensive familiarity with International geography.
Please send resume to Federico.Carballo@dole.com