Economic Research Associate - Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
Economic Research Associate
Reports to: Senior Vice President Economic Research
Interfaces with: Business Recruitment, Marketing, Engagement and Advocacy Teams
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
Depending on the candidate’s abilities and background, he or she will assist the Economic Research department in a variety of projects that may include:
- Collecting data for market analysis
- Updating industry-specific databases and presentations
- Assisting with business recruitment request for information response
- Assisting with the writing and editing of economic intelligence and research content
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) are required
- Candidate must be database-savvy or be able to learn and adapt quickly to using various databases
Knowledge of economic and demographic data sources, including U.S. Census and Bureau of Labor Statistics, is desired. Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce and data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS would be a plus. Experience responding to business recruitment requests for information is desired.
Education and Experience:
This position is ideal for someone with a bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, geography, marketing, or related field, however a bachelor’s degree is not required. 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant in the economic development, real estate or public administration fields can be substituted for educational requirements.
Evaluation of Job Performance:
Bi-Yearly review with Senior Vice President Economic Research
Salary commensurate with experience; eligible incentive structure based on individual, team, and organizational performance metrics.
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance champions, serves and works to unite a region comprised of people from all walks of life. We honor diversity, inclusion, and equity internally and externally. We are committed to advancing economic opportunity and prosperity for all across the Charlotte Region.
Please download and complete the application , forward with cover letter and resume to email@example.com