Financial Sales Manager - Hub (Branch Manager)
- 3050 Eastway Drive
- Charlotte, North Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
Stable. Family. Opportunities. Unique. Whether First Citizens Bank has been established for 120+ years, or expanding its presence in your market, we invite you to be a part of our story. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - who want to make a difference in the communities where we live and work.
As a Financial Sales Manager at First Citizens Bank, you will manage sales efforts and associates in a branch location and oversee branch operations, with the support of an operations specialist. This role engages in outbound calling activities to generate new business opportunities and drives accountability for proactive customer outreach with the branch sales team. You will leverage your team and your own expertise in consumer and small business financial needs. This position establishes banking relationships, extends credit and identifies referrals for specialty partners.
**This position will manage two locations: Eastway (3050 Eastway Dr., Charlotte, NC 28205) and Albemarle Rd (8916 Albemarle Rd., Charlotte, NC 28227).
**Bi-Lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Team Management -
Manage performance and personnel functions for a team, ensuring operational soundness while executing on a plan to deliver results that create value for the customer and meet the financial expectations of the bank. Drive accountability to role expectations, responsibilities and authorities, providing one on one feedback and coaching that supports associate development and achievement of results. Regularly and proactively leverage the expertise of bank partners, other managers or team.
Service Standards -
Foster collaborative partnerships that deliver value for customers, prospects and colleagues. Initiate conversation to uncover sales or referral opportunities.
Operations and Administration -
Comply with all regulations, bank policies, procedures and delegated authorities to manage risk related to credit, operational, reputational, regulatory and legal aspects of personal interactions, customer transactions and financial exposures.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in Sales, customer service, or lending, or financial services sales, including supervisory OR High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in Sales, customer service, or lending, or financial services sales, including supervisory
- License or Certification Type: Must possess a valid driver's license. Position requires frequent driving to other offices, bank customers, etc. Bank car not provided. Must complete federal registration and annual renewal as required by the SAFE Act.
- Skill(s): Application of a structured sales process, Providing financial guidance and expertise, Financial literacy, Financial analysis, Knowledge of retail banking products and services, Business development
- Preferred Qualifications: Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)